Computer wallpapers are the images you see on your desktop or laptop every day when you start it. While many people may think that it is not of relevance what image you have in the background, the right image can induce positive feelings and, why not, maybe actually say something about you to people who end up near your computer. So, if you find an image that you would like to see every day on your computer, you can very simply place it there. All you need is the digital picture and five minutes of your time.
Here are the simple steps you need to go through to change your computer wallpaper, for computers that have Windows XP installed. If you want to change more about your computer than just the wallpaper, you can go through the Control Panel option and change everything at once.
- In order for most changes and most programs to be run on Windows XP, you have to click the “Start” button on the lower left corner of the screen. Changing the wallpaper is no exception – so this would be the first step.
- In the menu that shows up after clicking the “Start” button, select the “Control Panel” option. A new menu will appear on your screen.
- In the Control Panel menu, select the “Appearance and Personalization” option. In the window that shows up after this, select “Personalization”.
- The “Personalization” menu will display more options – select the “Desktop Background” option to change your computer wallpaper.
- Select the image you would like on your desktop background. Windows XP has a great range of wallpapers to offer you, but if none of them suits you, you have the possibility of using a picture that was taken or downloaded by you. You have a “Browse” button that you need to click to make the selection.
- The final step is to choose how your image appears. If the image is the exact size of the screen, that will be great, but in case it is smaller, you can choose between three options: you can stretch the image, so that it fits the screen, you can position it in the center and have a color of your choice fill the rest of the screen, or you can tile it (place more copies of the picture until it fits the entire screen).
If the only change you want in your computer is your wallpaper, the shortcut to this would be:
- Right-click on your current computer wallpaper. A small menu should appear.
- Select “Properties” from the menu mentioned above. A larger menu with all sorts of options will appear.
- In order to change your wallpaper, select the “Desktop” option.
It’s that easy! At this particular point in time, you should already have the computer wallpaper of your choice brightening the hours spent working on the computer. And remember: it’s your computer and it should please you – not the other way around.